Terminology guidance, please: gutter pairs

Can anybody help me, please, with the right word to specify a gutter pair?

If the pair is horizontal, which means that the gutter itself will run in the vertical direction (a gutter pair like this: ■□■) … should I call that a “horizontal gutter pair” or a “vertical gutter pair”?

Conversely, where the pair is vertical, but the gutter will therefore run horizontally) …

… ?

Or is there some other language used for this?



Sign In or Register to comment.